Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Life, or something like it


Well, since I last posted, we've celebrated many things. To name a few: Andy's birthday (the big 25!), mother's day, the ever pressing task of building your own home and the fact that this cute little face will get to be a big sister! We're having another baby, due on November 9 (my mom's b-day) and we are ecstatic!! I am 15 1/2 wks and we'll find out what we're having June 16.



In other news, the house is still alive and kickin'. We got our cabinets in and they look awesome! It's fun to see the final aspects come together. Andy continues to work full time as an internal auditor and spends every night and every Saturday at the house. He is currently working on the wood floor, siding, and painting the molding. He works EXTREMELY hard, does not get stressed and always remains calm. With everything on his plate he continues to be a fantastic dad and amazing husband! He is so very patient with my pregnancy orneriness. I love him to death.



I also got the chance to get out and spend some quality time with these lovely ladies (minus Michelle. You just live too dang far away.) Andy took a night off at the house to watch Alli. We left early afternoon, did some shopping, ate dinner and went to Wicked. I must say, it was wicked awesome. No pun intended. The music, the lights, the costumes, the singing! It was the fastest 2 hrs and 45 min of my life. I recommend it to anybody who gets the chance to go.



As for Miss A, she never fails to make us laugh, is quick as a whip, and is the cutest thing in the world! She now sleeps fantastically in a big girl bed and loves to show people her room at the new house. Apparently the new baby will sleep in the closet of the other bedroom. Maybe she has memories of when she slept in a closet and thinks that's just normal practice for babies. She talks like crazy and is a pro at singing Happy Birthday. She knows everybody's name at Day Care, even better than me I'm afraid, and loves babies. She will be such a good big sister.
I spend my days working, neglecting laundry, playing with Alli, taking dinner to Andy, neglecting laundry, going to bed as early as I can, and neglecting laundry. I'm going for the world record. Guinness anyone? I've been feeling pretty good besides the second trimester headaches. I'm also missing my husband. Our only link of communication is via e-mail. We HAVE managed to go on two dates since our anniversary. One of which was going to Wal-mart and the other was seeing X-men origins. I was very excited about the last one and was not disappointed. Well, how could anyone be disappointed with the Hugh? It was amazing. I am a HUGE X-men fan and I loved it! Oh, and if the Hugh doesn't do it for you, we'll take a little Ryan Reynolds on the side. Well, that's all for now. My next post will be in approximately 3 months.
P.S. Will somebody please find me a cute baby ticker? I just don't have the time to find one. I would greatly appreciate it.

13 comments:

laci said...

Ha. I love the catch up post Mallory! From what I can see your house looks AWESOME! I'm sad we won't be there for grand unveiling. However, we'll just have to make our way over once we're home. Alli is such a cutie, and I'm so excited she is going to be a big sister. It's good to hear you guys are doing so good, hope you continue to feel as good as possible!! Try not to make it another 3 months...Texas days can get kinda slow. :)

Eileen said...

I love those pics of my little "blue-eyed" baby girl! And I LOVE the cabinets!!! I can't believe I haven't been over to see them IRL.

chervasq

I know the word verification thing is getting old. But I just HAD to share that one.

Jena said...

house- stinkin cute and stinkin jealous.

Al - still cute and still hilarious it sounds

preggers - YEA its about time YOU posted it! who-da-thunk you'd be pregs after our little get-together!?

Well girlie, its good to see you posted, see you again in three months:)

Chase and Nahomi said...

YAY you posted!! Ok i totally LOVE your cabinets!!! When we finally decide to build I just might have to copy you ;)j/k I can't wait to see the finished project, it looks like you guys are getting close! i'm so jealous you got to see wicked! someday I'll get my turn..

Kellie said...

LOVE the way your house is lookin'!!!

Go to babystrology.com--that's where a couple of my friends go their baby tickers. So fun!

We really wish you guys were coming to see us this weekend!

Traci said...

Ha, so cute! I love hearing about Alli... she's such a cutie! And dang what a house! I'm excited for ya and not going to lie a little jealous :) How fun to have that to look forward too!
Keep on blogging.... like lace said Texas days do get a little slow! :)

Romney said...

Alli is so adorable! Looks like your house is coming along nicely. It looks way good! I'm impressed with Andy's skills! Congratulations on the pregnancy! You (or your mom) better post when you find out what you're having!

Alyssa said...

Congrats! You look so pretty in all your pics.

The Munfords said...

Congrats!!!! I am so excited for you two. That is awesome that you are going to have another baby. And your hosue is looking great. Really call me sometime and let me know forsure what you are having! Good Luck

John and Anna said...

The cabinets are awesome, those pictures of Alli are soo cute, We're excited for your little one and our guy to be friends, and What!? You went to Wicked?!? I loved it too. I'm glad you got to go!
Also, thanks so much for coming down with that wonderful basket of goodies, it's nearly all gone now! You guys are awesome!

MeKell and Aaron said...

Hey Mal! It's good to see you and what you have been up to!! Congrats on the bun in the oven, I'm sure whatever the gender of this one, it will be just as adorable as your little princess!

*Chelsey* said...

I am glad you finally posted something! Your house looks great and all of your hubby's hard work will pay off. It took Skylar 13 months to build our house because he was working full time too and I remember all too well what it was like to feel like a single mom all the time but it's worth it!

Nicole Mecham said...

I didn't know you were pregnant! Congrats! I know I am only a week and half into the two kids life but it's not as hard as you think. I am so excited for you two! I hope you are feeling okay and that you have a healthy little baby.