Sunday, March 8, 2009

A to the N-N to the IVERSARY # 5!!

You read right! Last Friday marked our 5th anniversary. It's amazing how time flies. It was my turn this year to plan so we celebrated a week early. Earlier in the week I had asked Andy if we could go out to dinner on Saturday. He was game and didn't suspect anything since it was a week before the big day. He also mentioned that maybe we could go to a movie. I talked him in to going to dinner early. We went to Sizzler at about 5:30 pm. The "movie" that we were going to didn't start until 7. He thought we should kill some time so we headed to Home Depot. What's a romantic weekend without going to the Depot? While we were walking around, I was trying to get him to leave, but also trying to play it cool so he wouldn't think anything was up. When we finally left, I took the driver's seat and told him I needed to go to Lee's. I was going to go in and rent a movie, but there was a long line at the red box. When I got back in the car, I told Andy that he couldn't ask any questions and he had to close his eyes. He got an excited look on his face and said, "This is so unlike you." He played along and didn't cheat, or so he says. We ended up at the Anniversary Inn, or the AI as I like to call it, in a room called Rich's Drive In. It was awesome! It's one of their new rooms and it has it's own theatre in it with an old truck so it's like a drive-in movie. My mom was nice enough to watch Alli for us and we had a great time.




The room came complete with popcorn, candy, soda fountain and hot dog. I have to admit, the hot dogs were the main selling point of the room. A girl needs her hot dog!




Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end but we definitely had a great time. And yes that is Sport's Center playing on the T.V. in the back ground.
Confession: when I read other people's blogs about how their husbands are the best, I'm secretly thinking, "Yeah right, mine totally takes the cake." Hate to offend somebody but that's how it goes.
Here are a few reasons why I have the BHITW:
He always has a level head
He keeps me calm and living in reality
He is the best daddy ever
He is ambitious and not afraid of hard work
He is good with numbers and budgeting
He is very smart but not nerdy, ok, the glasses are kind of nerdy, but what can you do?
We love to do the same things
We have a blast together
He is a very thoughtful gift giver. He puts a lot of thought into his gifts and they really mean something.
He is building me a beautiful new home and isn't overwhelmed with working a full time job and spending nights and weekends on the house.
I love you Andy and your accident prone self! Happy Anniversary!!
Quick trip down memory lane

My 16th birthday and my first date. We went to dinner at the Copper Mill and Andy had a dozen red roses delivered to our table while we were eating.

Homecoming dance Andy's Sr. year, my Jr. year.
Shortly after we were engaged.
Engagement photo. I'm sure ours kids will laugh their butts off at these pictures in 30 years.
A few hours before Alli was born. Notice how well rested Andy is after his 3 naps that day. (BTW, Alli was born the same day the last Harry Potter came out. My mom was nice enough to bring us a copy.)

Sky Diving in Hawaii, May '08

10 comments:

The Munfords said...

What a cute post. That's crazy you guys have been married for five years. That's awesome. I loved looking at the pics from old times that fun. We really need to get together I know we keep saying that but really this time. I hope all is well call me sometime.

Eileen said...

What a nice tribute! FIVE YEARS?! It seems like just yesterday you were a snotty Senior. (Not snotty at school, just snotty to me) JK You know I love you!

supho

Stacey said...

i didn't realize he was your first date too! wow, girl, you're one lucky chick! love the blog, by the way :)

Tami said...

Wow, time sure flies. What a cute post.

laci said...

Happy Anniversary! Anniversary Inn is the best! I remember when everyone was making fun of me for entering their drawing every month, but they definitely know how to do things. :)

John and Anna said...

5 years! Whew! That's an accomplishment! :) Really we are so glad you guys are our friends!

Traci said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow, 5 is a big number! It was fun to learn a little more about you guys :) And that room at AI looks awesome! I totally love hot dogs!
Cute post and I loved your older pics!

*Chelsey* said...

Happy Anniversary! 5 years is SO exciting!

Andy and Michelle said...

Hey Mallory, That is so cute what you did. I got the exact room for Andy for his b-day that is so funny, and I suprised him. I love going there it is so much fun. I hope things are going good!!! Congrats on the 5 years!

Rowley's said...

Nate and I celebrate our FIVE year anniversary as well! And he was my first date too! So I never answered your question about the lines at "baby animal days". They really weren't too bad. The only line we really had to wait in was the pony ride, which took about 20-30 minutes. Congrats on the baby news! When do you find out what you're having?

Which leads me to another question, who is your OBGYN? I'm due for a check up and have no clue who is good up here! Any suggestions?