Well I guess I will take a turn posting on our blog. Today was a Tri-athalon at the Sports Academy. Me and my apparently bull legged, mole infested, nintendo nerd wife decided we would participate. My sister Tami has been trying to get me to do one of these with her for a year or so now and I really wanted to but just never got around to it. This one was much shorter than the ones she does but we gotta start somewhere. Our race started with a 150 yard swim, then a 2.5 mile bike ride, then a 1.5 mile run. When we were ready to start I looked at the other participants in our age group and we were easily the oldest. I was a little embarrassed knowing I was about to get my butt kicked by a bunch of kids younger than me but I will get over it. The race went well exept for some serious drama associated with my sister and her three kids. I am sure she will tell the stories on her blog so go check out Tami and Brent from our friends list if you are interested. Mallory and I tied with a time somewhere around 41 minutes. We are going to be paying the price of the lack of training before hand. We both really thought it wouln't be as hard as it was. It was pretty fun to be apart of that and I hope that next year I can do one of the longer distances with the adults instead of the kiddy race. We'll see. 
7 comments:
Congrats you guys!! Kids are more entertaining than adults anyways...
you look good hutch
Way to go guys! I'm impressed you did even a kiddie triathalon!
Nice work (Baby Huey)! JK
And I totally love the red speedo.
You crazy kids! Way to go though, I wish I had some motivation like that! :) Sounds like we'll be seeing you over Labor Day? Nate told me about the plans, sounds fun!
Mal-Dawg, you are still my hero!!! Seriously, if i lived there i might try to be like you and do all the things you do! Ps, i love the pictures of Little baby-cakes!!! I'll call you when I get up there, i'll be up in October!
Hey Mallory!! Oh my gosh I was so excited to see that you found my blog and wrote me a note! I haven't talked to in forever. I miss you. I saw Joe and his wife at Tucanos the other day. I am a server there. They look really happy. By the way your little allie is so dang cute. I think she looks just like you. I bet your such a good mommy. Anyways it looks like your doing good. Joe also told me you guys just bought a lot to build a home. That is awesome. You look so great..and sweet job on the triathalon. Take care and keep in touch.
Post a Comment